Connecting Tomorrow’s World, Today
CONNECTING TOMORROW’S WORLD, TODAY
Providing Poles That Connect Tomorrow’s World Today
Is your city getting smarter? The concept of “smart cities” – communities that use data and technology to create efficiencies, improve sustainability, and enhance quality of life – is quickly becoming a reality. Using data from the Internet of things and connected machine technologies, cities will have a central dashboard, allowing administrators to adjust traffic signals, control lighting, communicate with pedestrians, and more.
However, this connectivity requires infrastructure. We believe light poles – those tall, sturdy and abundant structures – will play vital roles in the cities of tomorrow.
1. Intelligent Light– From regulating light levels based on pedestrian activity, to automatically adjusting for brightness and weather conditions, smart light poles can significantly reduce energy costs and environmental impact. (Connects to graphic of pole shining light down on pedestrians with lines indicating communication to administrative building.)
2. Safety Guard– Poles are ideal for mounting video cameras that provide real-time viewing to enhance public safety. They can also house sensors that detect hazards, such as floods, and alert and redirect pedestrians to create a safer community. (Connect to graphic of pole that has a video camera and sensor/speaker mounted to it with lines indicating communication to police station.)
3. Traffic Monitor– Smart technology, mounted on poles, can improve traffic flow by collecting data on speed, congestion, vehicle counts, and other metrics to help cities adjust traffic signals and shorten commutes. (Connect to graphic of traffic signals with lines indicating communications with a nearby pole with lines connecting to administrative building.)
4. Information Kiosk– Think of the convenience of connecting your smartphone to the corner light pole and obtaining information about your surroundings, such as where to park, which businesses are open, what events are happening nearby, and more. (Connect to graphic of person looking at phone with lines connecting to a pole with lines going to an empty parking spot – “This spot is open.”)
5. Power Supply– With the number of electric vehicles on the road increasing every day, the need for charging stations is also growing. Light poles, which already have a power supply, make an ideal place to power-up while shopping or dining. (Connect to graphic of a car plugged into a pole.)
6. Drone Perch– What’s tall and has a handy power supply? Light poles! That makes them perfect landing pads for drones to recharge, as well as facilitate transfers and communication. Amazon has already approved plans for a series of drone perches atop light poles. (Connect to graphic of drone on the top of a light pole – maybe one next to it with a bird looking over at the drone?)
7. Weather Center– Sensors installed in light poles can monitor climate, air quality, noise and other livability factors, providing information to residents and allowing city administrators to make improvements. (Connect to graphic of pole with weather sensor and lines connecting to a person walking with phone and lines to administrative center.)
DWM Holdings has an eye on the future. We produce a complete line of aluminum and steel poles, with design and engineering capabilities to produce custom products. In particular, our UniPost Systems products feature an integrated rail system with exclusive, interchangeable and customizable brackets, which can accommodate virtually any accessory. This modularity and flexibility will allow us to add information kiosks, LED banners, drone landing pads and other elements needed to power tomorrow’s cities.
For more information, go to www.dwmholdings.com or call 586.541.0013.